Monday, July 30, 2012

Another trip home

I've made so many trips to Midland over the past 11 months that I sometimes feel like I'm still hanging on to that dusty town.  But I am thankful that it's close enough to drive down for a weekend and still feel connected to Bailey and the rest of my family and friends.  With Bailey nearing her seventh month, I want to see her as much as I can.  I've never regretted our move away from Midland, but it's sometimes hard to not be there for your daughter during her first pregnancy.

Her shower was beautiful, and Michael's family couldn't have been more welcoming.  It was odd yet comforting to be around so many people that know and love Bailey that I've never met.  As much as I would love for her to be up here or closer, she and Emma are in very good hands and probably where they need to be.  Of course, that doesn't stop me from campaigning for Tulsa every chance I get.  :-)


No comments: